Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter! I am so thankful for the gift of Jesus!



Matthew 28:5-7 "The angel said to the woman 'Do not be afraid for I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you'".

I am trying to writ this blog and nothing seems to be coming out right I know what I want to say and I know the thoughts I have in my head but the words do not seem to look well in print. Then I thought why am I really worried about sharing what is on my heart today and I think that maybe it is because I am afraid of offending someone or making someone feel bad. Well the truth is the truth so here goes what is on my heart.

Easter time is observed by many, some observe it by going to spend time with there family's visiting the Easter bunny giving baskets and hunting for eggs. Others observe it by going to church as one of there few times a year they attend. Some observe it by being at every service offered during the season of Easter. Some take time to spend with their family and eat lots of food.

Many of these things are not wrong or frowned upon by myself in general I believe it's good to go to church and spend time with your family. However the reason for Easter is not for these reasons alone. Jesus died on the cross for our sins and on the third day he rose again our God is a living God and he deserves 100% of our focus not only at Easter but all year round. So as you may be planning that meal with the family or getting ready to go to church make sure that in all you do you Praise him and thank him for what he did.

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only son."

No comments:

Post a Comment