Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fun WIth Chore Packs



Chore Packs I can not take credit for this idea but I love it and although there are some glitches in my system I am excited to see how it goes. The first place I heard about Chore Packs was in the Duggars book 20 and counting and I also saw them used on the show a couple of times. In the back of the book is the resource they found the idea in and it is a book called Managers of Their Chores by Stephen and Teri Maxwell and when I saw that my system I had came up with by reading and seeing the Duggars use it I decided that I would purchase the book online and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival at this time. 

However even with my flawed method my kids are doing so much better at keeping up with their responsibilities. I break them down into three parts of the day 
morning (includes all of the stuff to get ready for the day like eat breakfast and get dressed and brush teeth) 

Afternoon (homework clean room and the room they are responsible for that week) Let me take a moment to say that I have had a few people say that I shouldn't have my kids cleaning my house and I should let them be kids and I must say that each of their chore pack for the afternoon ends in Free Time so it's up to them how much they get If they work well and steady it only take them a little over an hour to complete their chores depending on how much homework they have. 

Bedtime is all the stuff that needs to get them ready to sleep (devotions, pick out clothes, pack up book bag ect.). So many people may doubt that my kids don't have any fun because I make them clean the house they really have plenty of time for fun and are learning to contribute to a household and be responsible at the same time. 

How does this go with finding God's purpose for me you may ask? Well I am a mom and God entrusted me with these three beautiful children to raise up and become responsible adults who love the Lord. This really helps in that process. :o) 

here is the website where you can find the Maxwell's book
http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/1150

her is a link to the Duggar family website where you can find their book and lots of other resources as well

http://www.duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment