Friday, April 15, 2011

God's Plan

Titus 2:4-5 "...teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." (KJV) 

Well lets just say one word CONVICTED! Yes that's me, this verse showed up many times this week through my studies. In the book I am reading, Managers of Their Chores in a morning Bible reading time and while browsing a web page. I think God is trying to get a point across. I like it best in the KJV I love the wording of the verse. I have been looking for God's purpose for my life and I really think at this point in my life it is all in these 2 verses. So next comes the question what things do I need to change in my life and in my household to make this purpose reality in my life and my family's life? 

the First step I think is to put the idea in my own words of what I think this verse is telling me for my life right now. Love my husband and children I do pretty good with however I do need to work a bit on my patients. I am praying about that daily and I ask that if you find the time to join me in that prayer I really think it will help not only in loving my family better but also the goals I have to teach my children to be responsible and live for God. to be discreet, I have to say I am struggling with the meaning of this a little does it mean in the way to dress or the way you act or a combination of both? I really need to pray and research this part of the scripture. keepers at home is one I have never been good at I truly wish to be good at it though and I am trying very hard to get there. I am doing so much better than 3 years ago my husband will tell you I have gotten much better just in the last couple of months. However I still have a long way to go. Obedient to my husband is not easy for me, I like to have things my way and it frustrates me very much when he has ideas I don't like so here I need to work more on respecting what he has to say and following instead of trying to lead.

As you can see God has given me a lot to work on and pray about I am scared and excited all at the same time to see what it is he has in store for me over the next few weeks. Keep reading my posts I am sure the will just keep getting more and more interesting  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment