Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome

Starting a blog can be a big deal, I have tried it once or twice and failed miserably because I wasn't devoted enough to keep up with it. Not with this one though because you see I have started a new and wonderful journey that I would love to invite people to read about. The Name of this blog is Roman's 8:28 and it is my theme for this journey I am partaking in and it reads "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." That last word Purpose is what my journey is all about discovering and finding what God's purpose is for me in my life and the life of all in my family. 

Now you may say how do I plan to partake in this adventure? What steps will get me to the goal in the end? I think to know your purpose first you need to work on truly knowing God. The only way to do that is through Study of his word and prayer. So for the past 2 weeks I have been starting and ending my days in bible study and prayer I have laxed on two different days and slept in or fell asleep without my study time but for the most part have done quite well at this. Although due to problems that may come about or health concerns I may have my days may not all be truly wonderful (may I add that god never promised that our lives would be easy) The time in study and prayer have truly mad a difference in the way I approach each day. I find myself remembering this I have read or just praying to God in the middle of the day like an open phone call that never ends.

Romans 8:28 starts out with the phrase "in all things" I truly believe that all aspects of my life need to line up with God and Glorify him so here are some Goals I have for the month . 

Memorize one scripture a week
Drink plenty of water
walk everyday and be up to a mile by the end of the month
let me add that this one is leading towards a goal of running a 5K
Work with my kids learning their new chore pack system
I will blog about this in a seprate post

So hopefully you can see that in all areas of my life I would like to better serve him by being healthier having more energy helping my kids learn service, responsibility and obedience and most importantly learning his word and hiding it in my heart so that I can know him better and find his purpose for me . 

I hope you will find this journey interesting and that you will follow it closly Many Blessings to you all. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment