Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life revolves around God not You!

This is an interesting thought, I have been so busy this past week worrying about what may come or what people are saying or doing or what I may be doing to upset those people that I forgot my main goal in this journey is to do what it is God wants for our family. There are many examples just from the past week and maybe even further back, however many of them involve others and I don't choose to point fingers so I will focus on my own selfish act. Tuesday last week I went in for a biopsy I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect to hear as I sit here on Wednesday evening the following week still having not heard from the Dr I feel nervous about what the results might be. I find myself looking at my phone almost willing it to ring so finally my husband takes it away and soon after tells me to read Matthew chapter 6. I say to him the sermon on the mount I know. He says the last 6 verses are just what I need and they read,    28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

Many people may say that this is a natural reaction to be worried and nervous and I believe a little of this is not a problem however mine has taken over all of my thoughts and actions until this evening when #1 my husband gave me this passage to read and #2 I got a beautiful card from our church with many encouraging messages on it. both of which lead to this blog. The worry and nervousness didn't get me anywhere it didn't get anything accomplished at all. but to read God's word and to see that the worry is not needed and he will take care no matter what the outcome gives me great peace. So the question I pose to myself and all of you as well Who will you choose to have your life revolve around Yourself which will lead to anxiety and worry or God who will lead you to peace and understanding?


No comments:

Post a Comment