Friday, April 29, 2011

God knows

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

How many times do I forget this scripture? Tonight I found out that I need to have surgery to remove some abnormal cells for biopsy.  I am a worrier naturally and I always have been but through all theses testes and Dr's visits God has really been teaching me to hand it over to him. The last couple of days I have had a peace in my heart that everything will be okay. It is in his hands and he will always take care of me.

Here is a good example of God knowing wihat is best for me. I was searching for a job this fall and I sent out many many resumes. My fist call was from a Dr's office in a neighboring town and all though the Job was offered to me I wouldn't make enough to be able to accept it. My second call was from a good friend at church and I went for a day and observed and remembered that I really don't do well in the food service industry. My third offer came from Wal-mart and I actually said yes to this position however I only worked one day because that same day another job was offered to me that I saw as better it was full time in a factory. For some reason the factory kept putting me off and putting me off for my start date in in that time period I was offered the perfect job. Part time flexible hours it's wonderful. So why do I tell you all of this, it's because God knew. He knew the perfect job was out there and he knew that it wasn't ready for me yet so he took me on a journey where I got to pray for people and meet new people and spend time with a good friend and spend the holidays with my family and not working. Trust in God and he will lead you where you need to go in life. He will provide for you and he will prepare your path.

Proverbs 3:5-6

  5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.[a]

No comments:

Post a Comment